News, reviews, & current projects-
in the news:
* GET BIG 2017
Full Feature Comedy based on somewhat true events. Currently
out in AMC Theaters, Co-Starring as Khaji.
* Reunion of the Bells
Just booked an original role in a new musical about an all
star black celebrity family growing up and breaking up.
* THE ALBUM PROJECT: RUMOURS, Music from Fleetwood Mac
Just booked! Scheduled to tour Los Angeles and San Francisco.
* Pun Plip Pridays
Just booked Series Regular for LA 18, KCSI. The historical show
marks the 1st ALL Filipino sketch comedy cast on US market!
* A chance for the OSCARS!
"The special eight-man committee of the Film Academy
of the Philippines which will choose the local film to
view for nomination to the best foreign language film
category for the 85th Oscar Awards next year...
As of July, the seven films in the short list are the following:
... Busong Palawan Fate."
*My film “Busong” (Palawan Fate) will be opening the
"National Geographic All Roads Film Festival" at the
National Geographic headquarters in Washington, DC.
on September 27!
* The NEW YORK TIMES review for BUSONG! So great to have
screened in downt town New York at the Quad Cinemas!
* BUSONG in current festivals:
Nepal International Indigenous Film Festival
(Kathmandu) - June 7-10
*Montreal First People's Festival - July 31- Aug 8
* BUSONG will be showing at the TIFF Cinema
featuring art films of the season.
* The STRANGELY NORMAL premiers in the San Francisco
Black Film Festival 2012!
* BUSONG opens at Shangri-la Cinema 4! The film that weaves
Palawan myths with ecological concerns has a limited
commercial engagement release from April 18-24, 2012
* BUSONG opens in French theaters this March 21, 2012.
Starring Clifford Bañagale as Aris, a young man in search
of his shaman roots in the mystical island of Palawan.
* Just booked a commercial with Rome Film Festival award
winning French director, Olivier Agostini, 2012.
* Watch a rare rehearsal of Clifford with the multiple
award winning Altar BOYZ cast of Los Angeles 2011 at the
Celebration Theater, Hollywood CA.
* Currently developing two shows for the new
FilAM TV Network in 2012.
* Busong is named by the Wall Street Journal as one of the
TOP 10 Asian FIlms of 2011. Noted as "...movies that made the
deepest impression...", "...small in scale but big in impact...",
and "...touched a nerve with moviegoers and became too
massive to be ignored." Starring the Palawn tribe and
* Pinoy indie film Busong wins award in Brussels!
Filipino filmmaker Auraeus Solito has won again with his
"dream film" Busong. The first Palawanon indigenous film
garnered the International Competition Tomorrow's
Cinema Award at the 38th Brussels International
Independent Film Festival 2011 in Belgium.
* Featured on the Fil-Am Nation website for his work in
theater, television and film. His work features High School
Musical, Brüno, and current international indie film Busong.
The editor in cheif asks Clifford some in depth questions
about himself as a young man in the industry.
* The Filipino indie film, Busong Palwan Fate has won the
International Critics Prize from the Fipresci [International
Federation of Film Critics] at the Eurasia International Film
Festival 2012, held in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Starring Clifford Bañagale.
* Currently in production for the feature film
"The SHAMAN King" 2012. The sequal to the Palawan
Trilogy Films. Directed by Aureus Solito, the trilogy
enters in history as the 1st full feature film about the
* Just booked a role as asian hubby in the dramedy film
"The Strangely Normal" 2012. A dramedy story about the
lives of adults and the shit we go through.
* Just boked a role in the feature film, "Somewhere Slow"
2012 starring Jessalyn Gilsig from GLEE wtih D Street
Productions & Logolite Entertainment.
* Just booked a principle role on Comedy Central's
"Nick Swardson's Pretend Time" 2011 as Zargon, the alien.
* Featured in BackStage 2011 with the Actor's Circle in the
article "When Failing is the Best Option" written by
Mark Dundas. BackStage, the actor's resource.
*Starring in "Busong Palawan Fate", World Premiering
at the Cannes Film Festival 2011 as Aris, a young man in
search of himself.
Busong is the indigenous Palawan concept of Fate.
Mystical Punay was born with wounds on her feet so that
she cannot step on the earth. Different people help to find
a cure- a woman looking for her husband, a fisherman who
lost his boat and a young man who is searching for himself
and each one meets their fate.
The first Palawanon indigenous film.
* Starring in " The Institute Films" 2010, as Bambi, the lovable
foreign exchange student in search of the American dream.
Set in the 70's, the school for students looking to break into
the exciting new world of Porn. Watch and learn about the
origin of the world's first porn school.
* Featured on the AMDA 2011 website for attending the
wolrd premiere of his film Busong at the 2011 Cannes
Film festival. The movie is the centerpiece of the
Directors Fortnight program at the Cannes Film Festival.
Clifford stars as Aris.
* Featured on the LA Times 2009 website for his roles in
"Brüno" & "Altar Boyz," the cheeky musical satire that is
playing at the Celebration. Bañagale plays Mark, a
comedicly explosive & sexually ambiguous member of
a Christian boy band.
* Featured on EDGE Entertainment 2009 website. Clifford
describes his co-starring role in Sacha Baron Cohens Brüno.
The Philippines native talked to EDGEs Jim Halterman about
Brüno and beyond.
* Featured on Asian News Network 2009 for winning great
reviews starring as Mark, a boy band members in an
ongoing LA production of Altar Boyz. Winner of the 2005
Outer Critics Circle Award for Best Off-Broadway Musical.
A story about five small town boys trying to save the world
one screaming fan at a time.